Sunday, September 27, 2009

Orienteering--Nerstrand Big Woods SP


View 2009 Nerstrand Big Woods Orienteering in a larger map

A few sprinkles when I got there but nothing serious. I love Nerstrand Big Woods, good memories despite that twisted ankle a few years back. This time, my main challenge was as usual one of the long stretches through the inside of th woods. Pretty featureless and thus difficult to navigate. Number 3 took me way longer than it should have and I got turned around close to the intersection near control #11 losing valuable time.

Here is the route on Garmin Connect Orienteering Nerstrand Big Woods SP Red, and here are the results at MN Orienteering Club

One funny detail: take a look at the distance measurement on Garmin Connect: exactly 10 km, h ow likely is that?

No comments: