Thursday, December 12, 2013

4 x 4:00 L4 Skate Skiing Intervals - Como Park

It never works quite the way it is supposed to: got myself out of bed bright and early and changed the battery on my Garmin HRM. It still didn't work. I changed the battery on my old (original) Garmin HRM, that one worked. I need to make a new rubber strap for that one, pretty stretched out. It worked, aand it was certainly better than when I forgot my Garmin for a Sisu training on Tuesday. Anyway, I was a little later than I had intended. Arrived just a little before the second skier.

  • 10:00 warm-up
  • 4 x 4:00 L4 skate intervals with 3:00-4:00 recovery
  • 10:00 cool-down.

I would have preferred more warm-up and cool-down but didn't have the time.
Saw a fox, right by the club house, was standing on top of the steep little climb from the parking area. He took off as I approched and the loop I took must have made him think that i was trying to round him up, as I nearly circled him. On Monday I had seen his tracks, it looked like he had followed most of the course.
Much milder this morning, a very light dusting of fresh snow. glide was very good. The trail is wearing thin in some spots.
Did this without a headlight, only lost the trail once.

Summary

Name 4 x 4:00 L4 Skate Skiing Intervals
Location Hamline Midway/Como Park to North St. Paul
Start Time 12/12/2013 5:55 AM (UTC-06:00) Category My Activities:Other
Distance 10.97 km Time 00:49:51.0
Time Moving 00:49:51.0 Stopped 00:00:00.0
Average pace 04:32 min/km Max. pace 02:42 min/km
Average heart rate 148 bpm Max. heart rate 168 bpm
Total Ascent 76 m
+7 m/km
Total Descent -67 m
-6 m/km
Weather Cloudy; -15.1 °C

Heart Rate


Splits: Recorded laps

Pace


Splits: Recorded laps

Elevation


Splits: Recorded laps

No comments: