Saturday, December 13, 2008

Brainerd Pewee C Hockey Tournament

First and only hockey tournament out of town for James. Boys are growing up. Colin has a tournament with Como HS JV team, in Park Rapids at the same time, Parents do not need to be present ...

Drive without incident, 2:30 hrs, shorter than I expected. Of course I forgot my Forerunner 305 and decided to take my iQue 3600. It worked, though something weird happened when I jogged on Paul Bunyan trail. Anyway, Bushwhacked NNE from Holiday Inn Express on 371 to CR49, followed 49 E to Beaver Dam Rd. S, Followed this to Excelsior W, crossed the arborethum to join Paul Bunyan trail N, crossed the golf course and ran vaguely along 371 back to the hotel. Here is a link to the map.

Left hip and lower back are a pain, worse than usual. After Game 2 (Game 1: Highland 1-Edina 7, Game 2: Highland 6-Elk River 1) I took a quick dip in the whirl pool, the jets and heat seemed soothing.

No comments: