Monday, December 22, 2008

First cross-country skiing!

First cross-country ski outing! Drove to Como Park, parking at my usual corner of Arlington and Huron, right by the sledding hill. 19 F, kick-waxed accordingly with Swix green extra and off I went. I was one of the first ones out there this morning and the track was ill-defined. The layout had changed a little since last year and I lost the trail a couple of times. More confident during the second loop, but I felt a heel blister coming on my left foot: I should have rejected the sock with a hole and it went to the garbage when I returned home. Pretty slow on account of the un-groomed track, the many wrong turns and the growing blister, next time will be better. It was good, though! Take a look at my first two loops this year!

No comments: