Saturday, November 30, 2013

Skate Skiing - Skate Skiing--First Time Out this Year! - ABR, Ironwood, MI

So great to be skiing on real snow again and what a place to start! There were a few) (very few indeed) wet spots but that was it. Did the majority of open trails but did not do Peltonen Passout, not because I wanted to avoid the climb, rather because I was concerned about the descents. I want to get my snow ski legs before I dare going down technical hills.
Definitely a different feel than going on roller skis. Initially, I felt some muscles in my lower legs that I hadn't felt, well, that I hadn't felt since about a year ago. Fortunately, that tension dissipated quickly. Very enjoyable ski!

Summary

Name Skate Skiing--First Time Out this Year!
Location ABR, Ironwood, MI
Start Time 11/30/2013 9:40 AM (UTC-06:00) Category My Activities:Cross-country Skiing:Skate Skiing
Distance 14.42 km Time 01:01:11.0
Time Moving 01:01:11.0 Stopped 00:00:00.0
Average pace 04:14 min/km Max. pace 02:48 min/km
Average heart rate 150 bpm Max. heart rate 169 bpm
Total Ascent 62 m
+4 m/km
Total Descent -66 m
-5 m/km
Weather Cloudy; -1.1 °C

Heart Rate


Splits: Recorded laps

Pace


Splits: Recorded laps

Elevation


Splits: Recorded laps

No comments: